Yet another update for the VR shaders performance mod – which is now called just “VR shaders mod” because it does more than just performance improvements.
List of changes for this version:
– Renamed the mod to ‘DCS World VR shaders mod’
– Compatibility with DCS World version 126.96.36.199314 (23.5.2020)
– Removed MSAA_MASKSIZE setting as ED “cloned” it to DCS itself
– Added multi-sampled terrain shadow sampling (less aliased shadows with MSAA)
– Added alpha-to-coverage support for trees and tree flat shadows (less aliased trees with MSAA)
– Fixed ship wakes being permanently “burned in” with high water detail
– Simple transparent objects rendering setting (off by default – not well tested)
– Fixed some issues with NVG especially with NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION enabled
Get it from DCS forums: here.
It has new AToC and multisampled terrain texture sampling features which make shadows on terrain, trees and tree flat shadows less aliased with MSAA enabled. Comparison screenshot is here, again in motion the difference is more visible.