Here is another update to RBRift for Richard Burns Rally. Version 1.2 changelog:
- Significantly improved performance, especially with longer mod tracks
- Reducend render latency & corrected oculus tracking timing
- Added config setting for reducing the vignette effect around the eyes
- Added alt codriver mode where driver is wearing the rift (codriverMode=2)
- Added gamma controls to cfg with defaults for slightly increased contrast
- Added windshield hider feature (numpad *)
- Added debug information display (numpad /)
- Tweaked clip planes
- Changed seat adjustment speedup key to left ctrl
- In-car replay views are now in vr mode
- Changed correct executable detection method
This version has pretty significant changes, like completely re-done stereo rendering implementation, corrected Oculus timing and new vignette reduction feature. It should now work very smoothly and latency free with vsync on, which is also default now.
Windshield hider is a new feature as well, it allows hiding parts of the car windshield which is just a mapped flat texture on the cars and does not appear right with stereo rendering. Also on many mod cars the windshield is too dark. The feature can be toggled with numpad asterisk key.
Clip plane tweaks should fix issues on some tracks where distant terrain got clipped away and improve in-car clipping. In-car views in replays now appear in “VR mode”. The 3D monitor effect from old versions is unavailable unfortunately, its no longer practical due to the different stereo rendering implementation.
Download from here. See the readme for install instructions as usual and some troubleshooting hints.