Here’s an update v1.1 to RBRift for Richard Burns Rally with fixes to some compatibility issues and few improvements. Changelog:
- Reduced number of backbuffers used by RBR (reduced latency)
- Fixed D3D error from Oculus runtime
- Fixed rift resolution issue in device initialization
- Fixed compatibility with rbr_rx.dll plugin (only cockpit was visible in-car)
- Added left shift + left ctrl as alternate shortcut key to recentering rift
- Added codriver mode
The latency fix should make it useable with vsync enabled, though by default its still disabled in the config. The compatibility fixes hopefully fix the random startup problems and make BTB tracks work that use the rbr_rx plugin.
The new codriver mode allows you to drive from the drivers seat using your standard monitor while a codriver rides with you on the codriver seat wearing the rift. So with it you can take a friend on a virtual rally car ride :) See the readme for instructions how to use it.
See the readme for install instructions as usual and some troubleshooting hints.
Protip: for better immersion you can change the steering wheel rotation degrees the following way:
- Open misc.rbz file with a tool that can extract zip archives like 7-Zip File Manager.
- Extract the ‘LM_Driver.ini’ from it under ‘Misc’ directory in RBR.
- Modify the ‘Max Steeringwheel degrees’ from the ini file. Note the value is rotation in one direction so its half of what you usually have on your wheel.