I made an OpenVR hook/proxy thing for Assetto Corsa that adds some extra options when running in OpenVR mode:
- Enables the use of seat pitch adjustment from the in-game onboard settings app
- Allows adjusting supersampling for Assetto Corsa only
- Allow individual view pitch/roll locking, with neck length option for more natural rotation
- Enables using a motion controller like the Vive wand to use the in-game UI
- Allows disabling the automatic re-center at startup so the HMD position is remembered between sessions
Download version 1.0 from here. See the readme.html file for more information.
I personally like using the roll locking set to 1 and pitch locking set to 0 with neck length of 0.3. This gives me a better feel of how the car is behaving and keeping the horizon level makes it easier to look at the track, without having to look up/down on hills like with the ingame lock horizon setting.
Adjusting the seat pitch allows me to align the virtual steering wheel position with the real one and cancel out some upwards pitch I have with my simracing rig.
Here is a short video showing some features and driving with those settings:
First, the seat pitch adjustment is shown. Then I drive a bit and you can see the car roll around the view, but the view follows the uphill section at Flugplatz without having to look up. Then I use the Vive wand to use the UI, including touch pad for navigating the pit screen pages and setup tabs.
It has been developed for the HTC Vive, but it should also work with the Rift if you use it in OpenVR mode. The controller mappings with touch may not work perfectly though.
edit: I did a small fix to the zip file, previous version was of debug build that required debug runtime to load.